Mariners are advised that exclusion zones have been established in the vicinity of Crib Point, for the purpose of loading the vessel Ex-HMAS Otama on to a Heavy Lift Vessel for transport to the Crib Point Berthing Facility.
The vessel Ex-HMAS Otama is currently positioned at 38° 20.673'S, 145° 13.272'E (WGS84) (Position 1).
Activity Exclusion Zones
Parks Victoria, as the declared waterway manager and local port manager for the waters of the Local Port of Western Port, give the following notice under section 208(2) of the Marine Safety Act 2010 (Vic).
All persons or vessels, must not enter or remain in:
1. a 200 metre distance from the Heavy Lift Vessel 'MV Rolldock Sun' when anchored at approximate position 38° 20.000'S, 145° 13.806'E (WGS84) (Position 2).
2. a 200 metre distance of each of the vessels 'Ex-HMAS Otama' and 'MV Rolldock Sun'; within the waters bounded by the following positions;
1. 38° 20.614’ S, 145° 13.161’ E
2. 38° 19.948’ S, 145° 13.698’ E
3. 38° 20.058’ S, 145° 13.920’ E
4. 38° 20.703' S, 145° 13.699' E
5. 38° 20.723’ S, 145° 13.383’ E
(a) whilst one or other or both is in transit between Position 1 and Position 2; and
(b) whilst one or other or both is in transit between Position 2 and the boundary of the permanent 'Waterside Restricted Zone at Crib Point'.
This notice does not apply to persons or vessels (including Svitzer tugs 'Lynx’ & 'Olivia', workboats 'Pelican' & 'Tordan') directly engaged in the operation and authorised by Parks Victoria, Ports Victoria, or Port of Hastings Corporation.
The activity exclusion zones will be enforced and patrolled by Parks Victoria and/or Water Police and/or Ports Victoria vessels.
More information is available on the Parks Victoria Hastings Pier web page, available at: https://www.parks.vic.gov.au/places-to-see/parks/hastings-pier
Mariners are advised that entry to the exclusion zones is prohibited.