Declaration of boating activity exemption - National Water Sports Centre regattas 2021-2022
- Masters of rescue vessels are only exempt from items 1 to 4 when undertaking a rescue operation to retrieve persons in distress, provide for their initial medical or other needs and deliver them to a place of safety on shore.
- Competitors are only exempt from items 2 to 3 when competing in the events.
- The masters of all participating vessels are only exempt from item 3 provided they do not exceed 5 knots within 10 metres of the waters’ edge.
- Occupants of powered vessels involved with the event must wear a personal flotation device at all times during the event and vessels must have all prescribed safety equipment.
- The event is operating under the auspices of Rowing Victoria, including the Rowing Victoria Safety Management Plan, which meets the criteria of Clause 3 of Exemption Notice 1 in respect of the exemption for rowing vessels to not carry or wear a personal flotation device.
- The exemptions apply to the times, dates and events as specified in Table 1 below.
- The exemptions apply provided the stated safety controls and undertakings detailed in the application form and associated documentation are adhered to.
|NTT#2 & RV Junior School Regatta||Saturday||16||October||6:00am – 5:00pm|
|2021 RV School Regatta - RV||Saturday||6||November||6:00am – 5:00pm|
|NTT#3||Saturday||13||November||6:00am – 11:00am|
|2021 RV School Regatta 2 - RV||Saturday||27||November||6:00am – 5:00pm|
|Carrum Regatta||Saturday||28||November||6:00am – 5:00pm|
|2021 RV Schools Regatta 2 – RV- St Kevins||Saturday||4||December||6:00am – 5:00pm|
|NTT#4||Saturday||11||December||6:00am – 11:00am|
|RV Junior Boys State Championship||Saturday||5||March||6:00am – 5:00pm|
|Carrum Masters Regatta||Saturday||9||April||6:00am – 5:00pm|
By order of Parks Victoria