Parks Victoria publishes public notices where relevant, including information regarding leases and boating and waterway activity exemptions.
Declaration of boating activity exemption - Western Suburbs Triathlon Series
Western Suburbs Triathlon Series
Local Port of Port Phillip
DECLARATION OF BOATING ACTIVITY EXEMPTION
Parks Victoria as the declared waterway manager for the Local Port of Port Phillip, makes the following declaration under section 203(3) of the Marine Safety Act 2010 (Vic).
For the purposes of boating activity conducted by Western Suburbs Triathlon Club, persons and vessels involved in the Western Suburbs Triathlon Series are exempt from the following requirements:
State Rules made under the Marine Act 1988
1. Clause 2(a) – must not exceed 5 knots within 50 meters of a person in the water
2. Clause 2(c) – must not exceed 5 knots within 50 meters of another vessel
3. Clause 4(a) – must not exceed 5 knots within 200 meters of the water’s edge
4. Clause 4(b) – must not exceed 5 knots within 50 meters of a wharf, jetty, slipway, diving platform or boat ramp
Waterway Rules made under the Marine Safety Act 2010 / Marine Act 1988
5. Clause 1.5.7 of Schedule 1 – 5 knot speed restriction in North West Port Phillip
6. Clause 1.5.9(a) of Schedule 1 – Vessel prohibited zone east of Altona Pier
Subject to the conditions detailed below:
- Masters of rescue vessels are only exempt from item 1 to 5 when undertaking a rescue operation to retrieve persons in distress, provide for their initial medical or other needs and deliver them to a place of safety on shore.
- Masters of all vessels are only exempt from item 6 for the duration of the events.
- All participants on vessels involved with the event must wear a personal floatation device at all times during the event and vessels must have all prescribed safety equipment.
- The exemptions apply from for the times & dates specified in Table 1 below within the waters adjacent to Altona Life Saving Club.
- The exemptions apply provided the stated safety controls and undertakings detailed in the application form and associated documentation are adhered to.
Table 1: Western Suburbs Triathlon Series Events 2021-22
|Sunday||19 December 2021||6:00 am - 8:30 am|
|Sunday||30 January 2022||6:00 am - 8:30 am|
|Sunday||13 February 2022||6:00 am - 8:30 am|
|Sunday||27 February 2022||6:00 am - 11:15 am|
|Sunday||20 March 2022||6:00 am - 8:30 am|
|Sunday||17 April 2022||6:00 am - 8:30 am|
By order of Parks Victoria