Declaration of boating activity exemption - Rip View Swim Classic
Date/time of event:
DECLARATION OF BOATING ACTIVITY EXEMPTION
Clause 2(a) – must not exceed 5 knots within 50 meters of a person in the water
Clause 2(c) – must not exceed 5 knots within 50 meters of another vessel
Clause 4(a) – must not exceed 5 knots within 200 meters of the water’s edge
Clause 1.4.7 of Schedule 1 – 5 knot speed restriction area of South West Port Phillip
Clause 1.4.12 (c) of Schedule 1 – The master of a personal watercraft must notoperate the personal watercraft: for any purpose other than transiting in the safest most direct course to, or from the shore and/or a boat ramp or berthing facility (including a jetty, pier or mooring), whilst operating within designated 5 knot speed restriction zones.
- Masters of rescue vessels (including personal watercraft) are only exempt from items 1 to 4 when undertaking a rescue operation to retrieve persons in distress, provide for their initial medical or other needs and deliver them to a place of safety on shore.
- Masters of rescue personal watercraft are only exempt from item 5 for the duration of the event.
- Masters of all rescue vessels and rescue craft involved with the event must wear a personal floatation device at all times during the event, and all rescue vessels (including personal watercraft) must have all prescribed safety equipment.
- The exemptions apply from 7:00am to 8:00pm on 30 December 2021 within the exclusion zone waters – Lonsdale Bay, between Santa Casa Beach, Queenscliff and Point Lonsdale front beach extending 200m-400m from shore following the coastline, as marked by buoys.
- The exemptions apply provided the stated safety controls and undertakings detailed in the application form and associated documentation are adhered to.
By order of Parks Victoria