Declaration of boating activity exemption - LSV Lifesaving carnival Mordialloc
Date/time of event:
- Masters of rescue vessels are only exempt from item 5 for the duration of the event and items 1 to 4 when undertaking a rescue operation to retrieve persons in distress, provide for their initial medical or other needs and deliver them to a place of safety on shore.
- Masters of competing vessels are only exempt from items 2 to 5 when competing in the events
- Masters of personal watercraft rescue vessels are only exempt from item 6 for the duration of the event.
- Masters of rescue vessels and personal watercraft (Jet Ski’s) involved with the event must wear a personal floatation device at all times during the event and must have all prescribed safety equipment.
- Operators and occupants of vessels propelled by paddle or oar are exempt from PFD wearing requirements and the carriage of specified safety equipment whilst within visual range of a staffed lifesaving facility or flagged area, as per the Exemptions for Life Saving Victoria vessels in Exemption Notice 1.
- Should vessels or persons not involved in the event enter the exclusion zone, the exemptions will be automatically suspended until the vessel or person has moved outside the area.
- The exemptions apply from 8:00am to 4:00pm on 22 January 2022 to the persons and vessels participating in the LSV Life Saving Carnival within the waters adjacent to Mordialloc Life Saving Club.
By order of Parks Victoria