Parks Victoria publishes public notices where relevant, including information regarding leases and boating and waterway activity exemptions.
Notice of boating activity exclusion zone - Moodemere Slalom Classic
Moodemere Slalom Classic
Date/time of event:
12 February 2022 - 13 February 2022
DECLARATION OF BOATING ACTIVITY EXEMPTION
Parks Victoria as the declared waterway manager for Lake Moodemere, makes the following declaration under section 203(3) of the Marine Safety Act 2010 (Vic).
For the purposes of boating activity conducted by Moodemere Waterski Club, persons and vessels involved in the Moodemere Slalom Classic are exempt from the following requirements:
State Rules made under the Marine Act 1988
1. Clause 2(a) – 5 knots within 50 metres of a person in the water;
2. Clause 2(c) – 5 knots within 50 metre of a vessel or buoy;
3. Clause 3(b) – 5 knots within 50 metres of a fixed or floating structure;
Waterway Rules made under the Marine Safety Act 2010 / Marine Act 1988
4. Clause 129.1 – Area prohibited to vessels near the boat ramp; and
5. Clause 129.5 – A person must not operate a vessel equipped with engines used for propulsion in the exclusive use and special purpose area at a speed exceeding 5 knots if another vessel is operating at 5 knots or for a continuous period of more than 15 minutes if there is another vessel waiting to operate.
Subject to the conditions detailed below:
- Masters of competing vessels are only exempt from 1 - 5 in the above list when competing in the event.
- Masters of rescue vessels are only exempt from 1 - 5 and must adhere to speed and distance rules unless undertaking a rescue operation to retrieve persons in distress, provide for their initial medical or other needs and deliver them to a place of safety.
- Occupants of powered vessels involved with the event must always wear a personal flotation device during the event and vessels must have all prescribed safety equipment, including rescue vessels.
- The exemptions apply from 8:00am to 6:00pm on Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th of February 2022 for the waters Lake Moodemere 180 meters north of the boat ramp to an area delineated by yellow buoys at Picnic Point- Between the two GPS coordinates 36°02’46.57”S, 146°22’53.63”E and -36.052871, 146.386629.
- The exemptions apply provided the stated safety controls and undertakings detailed in the application form and associated documentation are adhered to.
Marine Safety Act 2010
NOTICE OF BOATING ACTIVITY EXCLUSION ZONE
Parks Victoria as the declared waterway manager for Lake Moodemere hereby gives notice under section 208(2) of the Marine Safety Act 2010 (Vic) that all persons and vessels not registered to take part in the Moodemere Slalom Classic are prohibited from entering and
remaining in the following waters.
Waters of Lake Moodemere – 180 meters north of the boat ramp to an area delineated by yellow buoys at Picnic Point. The exclusion zone will be in effect from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm on Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th of February 2022.
By order of Parks Victoria