Declaration of boating activity exemption - Wyndham Harbour Offshore Superboat Championship
Date/time of event:
- Masters of rescue vessels are only exempt from items 1 and 2 when undertaking a rescue operation to retrieve persons in distress, provide for their initial medical or other needs and deliver them to a place of safety.
- Masters of competing vessels are only exempt from item 2 for the duration of the event.
- Persons on competing vessels must wear PFDs that comply with Rule 801 of the current APBA Rulebook.
- Persons on course official and rescue vessels involved with the event must wear a personal floatation device at all times during the event, excluding rescue divers, and vessels must have all prescribed safety equipment.
- In the event of any incident that results in hospitalisation or fatality involving a person or vessel directly or indirectly involved in the event, these must be immediately reported to Victoria Police. In the case of all other incidents, Maritime Safety Victoria requires an incident report within 7 days and a finalised report within 30 days.
- The exemptions apply from 12:30pm to 3:00pm on Saturday 12 March 2022 & 10.15am to 2:00pm Sunday 13 March 2022 within the exclusion zone waters - Local Port of Port Phillip approximately 300 metres offshore of Wyndham Cove as marked by buoys.
- The exemptions and modifications apply provided the stated safety controls and undertakings detailed in the application form and associated documentation are adhered to.
By order of Parks Victoria