Declaration of boating activity exemption - Escape from Quarantine Rip Paddle
Date/time of event:
- Masters of rescue vessels are only exempt from item 1 to 3 when undertaking a rescue operation to retrieve persons in distress, provide for their initial medical or other needs and deliver them to a place of safety on shore and item 4 for the duration of the event.
- Competitors are only exempt from items 1 to 4 when competing in the events, and item 1 applies only when within 50 metres of another competing vessel.
- All participants involved with the event must wear a personal floatation device at all times during the event and vessels must have all prescribed safety equipment.
- In the event of any incident that results in hospitalisation or fatality involving a person or vessel directly or indirectly involved in the event, these must be immediately reported to Victoria Police. In the case of all other incidents, Maritime Safety Victoria requires an incident report within seven days and a finalised report within 30 days.
- The exemptions apply from 8:30am to 11:30am on 19 March 2022 within the waters between Sorrento beach and Queenscliff, via Point Lonsdale.
- The exemptions apply provided the stated safety controls and undertakings detailed in the application form and associated documentation are adhered to.
By order of Parks Victoria