Declaration of boating activity exemption - Dragon Boat Victorian Championships
Date/time of event:
Subject to the conditions detailed below:
- Masters of rescue vessels are only exempt from item 1 to 4 when undertaking a rescue operation to retrieve persons in distress, provide for their initial medical or other needs and deliver them to a place of safety on shore.
- Competitors are only exempt from items 2 to 3 when competing in the events.
- The masters of all participating vessels are only exempt from item 3 provided they do not exceed 5 knots within 10 metres of the water’s edge.
- All participants involved in the event must wear a personal floatation device at all times during the event and vessels must have all prescribed safety equipment.
- The exemptions apply from 09:00am to 4:00pm on 19th March 2022 on the waters of Patterson River, National Water Sports Centre.
- The exemptions apply provided the stated safety controls and undertakings detailed in the application form and associated documentation are adhered to.
By order of Parks Victoria