Declaration of boating activity exemption - Henley on the Maribyrnong Regatta
Date/time of event:
- Masters of participating support and rescue vessels must adhere to speed and distance rules unless otherwise undertaking a rescue operation to retrieve persons in distress, provide for their initial medical or other needs and deliver them to a place of safety.
- Competitors are only exempt from items 1 to 4 when competing in the events.
- Occupants of powered vessels involved with the event must wear a personal flotation device at all times during the event.
- This event is operating under the Rowing Victoria Safety Management Plan, which meets the criteria of Clause 3 of Exemption Notice 1. Therefore, rowers participating in the event will not be required to wear lifejacket and their vessels will not be required to carry lifejackets.
- The exemptions apply from 6.00am to 4.00pm on Sunday 27 March 2022 within the competition waters – Maribyrnong River upstream of the Raleigh Road Bridge for a length of 1 kilometre, provided the stated safety controls and undertakings detailed in the application form and associated documentation are adhered to.
By order of Parks Victoria