DECLARATION OF BOATING ACTIVITY EXEMPTION
Parks Victoria as the declared waterway manager for the Local Port of Port Phillip makes the following declaration under section 203(3) of the Marine Safety Act 2010 (Vic).
For the purposes of boating activity conducted by Truce Films Pty Ltd persons and vessels involved in the Head and Shoulders Athens 2.0 commercial filming at Elwood Beach are exempt from the following requirements:
Waterway Rules made under the Marine Safety Act 2010 / Marine Act 1988
1. Clause 1.1.9(e) of Schedule 1 – Area prohibited to vessels at Elwood Beach.
Marine Safety Regulations 2012
2. Regulation 100(2) – person must wear a personal floatation device (of type specified) at all times when vessel is underway on enclosed waters.
3. Regulation 104(1) – master must not operate recreational vessel unless each person on board complies with regulation 100 or 101 (i.e. wears a PFD).
Subject to the conditions detailed below:
• Masters of all participating vessels are only exempt from item 1 for the duration of the event.
• Occupants of participating surf boats are only exempt from items 2 & 3 for the duration of the event.
• Occupants of all powered vessels involved with the event must wear a personal floatation device at all times during the event and vessels must have all prescribed safety equipment, including rescue vessels.
• The exemptions apply from 7:00am to 5:45pm on 14 April 2022 (or 13 April 2022 contingency date).
• The exemptions apply provided the stated safety controls and undertakings detailed in the application form and associated documentation are adhered to.