Declaration of boating activity exemption and notice of boating activity exclusion zone - Albert Park Masters Regatta
Date/time of event:
- Masters of competing vessels are only exempt from items 2 to 4 for the duration of tthe event.
- Masters of rescue vessels are only exempt from items 1 to 4 provided they do not exceed the speed of a competing rowing vessel unless undertaking a rescue operation to retrieve persons in distress, provide for their initial medical or other needs and deliver them to a place of safety on shore, and item 5 for the duration of the event.
- Occupants of mechanically powered vessels involved with the event must wear a personal flotation device at all times during the event and vessels must have all prescribed safety equipment.
- The event is operating under the auspices of Rowing Victoria, including the Rowing Victoria Safety Management Plan, which meets the criteria of Clause 3 of Exemption Notice 1 made under the Marine Regulations 1999 in respect of the exemption for rowing vessels to not carry or wear a personal flotation device.
- The exemptions apply from 5:00am to 6:00pm on Saturday 30 April 2022 within the exclusion zone waters – Albert Park Lake, south and west of Gunn Island.
- The exemptions apply provided the stated safety controls and undertakings detailed in the application form and associated documentation are adhered to.
- Certain Rowing Club powered vessels have been approved by Parks Victoria to operate on the waters of Albert Park Lake as per Clause 151.2(a) of Schedule 151 of the Notice under the Marine Act 1988.
By order of Parks Victoria