Notice of Boating Activity Exemption - Surfing Victoria
Date/time of event:
- Clause 2(a) – must not exceed 5 knots within 50 metres of a person in the water.
- Clause 2(c) – must not exceed 5 knots within 50 metres of another vessel.
- Clause 19(a) – an observer must be used when towing a person.
4. Clause 5.3(a)(iii) & (iv) of Schedule 5 - 5 knot speed restriction – Coronet Bay & Ventnor Beach to Silverleaf Beach.
Marine Safety Regulations 2012
5. Regulation 95(a) – vessel master must not engage in towing unless an observer is on board;
- Masters of rescue PWC vessels are only exempt from item 1 to 5 when undertaking a rescue operation to retrieve persons in distress, provide for their initial medical or other needs and deliver them to a place of safety on shore.
- All participants involved with the event must wear a personal floatation device at all times during the event and vessels must have all prescribed safety equipment.
- The exemptions apply from 8:00am to 6:00pm on Saturday 18 June 2022 (back-up date 19 June 2022).
- The exemptions apply provided the stated safety controls and undertakings detailed in the application form and associated documentation are adhered to.
By order of Parks Victoria