DECLARATION OF BOATING ACTIVITY EXEMPTION
Parks Victoria as the declared waterway manager for Albert Park Lake, makes the following declaration under section 203(3) of the Marine Safety Act 2010 (Vic).
For the purposes of boating activity conducted by Albert Sailing Club, persons and vessels involved in the Albert Sailing Club Winter Regatta 2022 are exempt from the following requirements:
State Rules made under the Marine Act 1988
1. Clause 2(a) – must not exceed 5 knots within 50 metres of a person in the water
2. Clause 2(c) – must not exceed 5 knots within 50 metres of another vessel
3. Clause 3(a) – must not exceed 5 knots within 50 metres of the water’s edge
4. Clause 3(b) – must not exceed 5 knots within 50 metres of a fixed or floating structurey
Waterway Rules made under the Marine Safety Act 2010 / Marine Act 1988
5. Clause 151.1 of Schedule 151 – 5 knot speed restriction for vessels with engines
Subject to the conditions detailed below:
• Masters of rescue vessels are only exempt from item 1 to 4 when undertaking a rescue operation to retrieve persons in distress, provide for their initial medical or other needs and deliver them to a place of safety on shore, and item 5 for the duration of the event.
• Competitors are only exempt from items 2 to 4 when competing in the events
• All participants involved with the event must wear a personal floatation device at all times during the event and vessels must have all prescribed safety equipment.
• Certain Albert Sailing Club powered vessels have been approved by Parks Victoria to operate on the waters of Albert Park Lake as per Clause 151.2(a) of Schedule 151 of the Notice under the Marine Act 1988.
• The exemptions apply from 10:00am to 5:00pm on Saturday 25 June 2022 and from 9.00am to 4.00pm on Sunday 26 June 2022.
• The exemptions apply provided the stated safety controls and undertakings detailed in the application form and associated documentation are adhered to.
By Order of Parks Victoria