DECLARATION OF BOATING ACTIVITY EXEMPTION
Parks Victoria as the declared waterway manager for the Patterson River, upstream of the Nepean Highway Bridge to Eumemmering Creek (including the National Water Sports Centre (NWSC)), makes the following declaration under section 203(3) of the Marine Safety Act 2010 (Vic).
For the purposes of boating activity conducted by Seacraft Syndicate Boat Owners Club, persons and vessels involved in the Carrum Regatta are exempt from the following requirements:
State Rules made under the Marine Act 1988
1. Clause 2(a) – must not exceed 5 knots within 50 metres of a person in the water
2. Clause 2(c) – must not exceed 5 knots within 50 metres of another vessel
3. Clause 3(a) – must not exceed 5 knots within 50 metres of the water’s edge
4. Clause 3(b) – must not exceed 5 knots within 50 metres of a fixed or floating structure
Subject to the conditions detailed below:
• Masters of competing vessels are only exempt from items 1-4 for the duration of the events, provided they do not exceed 5 knots within 30 metres of another competing vessel or their skier or the water’s edge.
• Masters of rescue vessels are only exempt from items 1-4 when undertaking a rescue operation to retrieve persons in distress, provide for their initial medical or other needs and deliver them to a place of safety.
• Occupants of powered vessels used in conjunction with the event must wear a personal flotation device at all times during the event and vessels must have all prescribed safety equipment, including rescue vessels.
• The exemptions apply from 8.30am to 6.00pm on Sunday 27th November 2022 and Sunday 19th March 2023 to persons and vessels participating in the Seacraft Syndicate Boat Owners Club Carrum Regatta events on the waters of the NWSC, provided the stated safety controls and undertakings detailed in the application form and associated documentation are adhered to.