PUBLIC NOTICE DECLARATION OF BOATING ACTIVITY EXEMPTION
Date/time of event:
- Masters of rescue vessels are only exempt from 1-5 when undertaking a rescue operation to retrieve persons in distress, provide for their initial medical or other needs and deliver them to a place of safety.
- Personnel operating rescue vessels involved with the event must wear a personal floatation device at all times during the event, and rescue vessels must have all prescribed safety equipment.
- The exemptions apply from 9.00am to 1.00pm on Thursday 26 January 2023 to the persons and vessels participating in the Great Australia Day Swim.
- The exemptions apply provided the stated safety controls and undertakings detailed in the application form and associated documentation are adhered to.
By order of Parks Victoria
- BAE - Great Australian Day Swim (151KB)