DECLARATION OF BOATING ACTIVITY EXEMPTION
Date/time of event:
- Masters of rescue vessels are only exempt from items 1 to 5 when undertaking a rescue operation to retrieve persons in distress, provide for their initial medical or other needs and deliver them to a place of safety on shore.
- Competitors are only exempt from 2 to 5 when competing in the events, and item 2 applies only when within 50 metres of another competitor or competing vessel.
- Competitors of OC1 & OC2 category are exempt from item 6 for the duration of the event.
- Occupants of all vessels involved with the event must wear a lifejacket at all times during the event and vessels must have all prescribed safety equipment, unless exempt.
- The exemptions apply from 7:00am to 4:30pm on Sunday 27 August 2023.
- The exemptions apply provided the stated safety controls and undertakings detailed in the application form and associated documentation are adhered to.
By order of Parks Victoria