Declaration of boating activity exemption and notice of boating activity exclusion zone - Wyndham Harbour Offshore Superboat Championship Event 27-28 March 2021
DECLARATION OF BOATING ACTIVITY EXEMPTION
and NOTICE OF BOATING ACTIVITY EXCLUSION ZONE
LOCAL PORT OF PORT PHILLIP
WYNDHAM HARBOUR OFFSHORE SUPERBOAT CHAMPIONSHIP EVENT 27th & 28th March 2021
Parks Victoria as the declared waterway manager for Local Port of Port Phillip, makes the following declaration under section 203(3) of the Marine Safety Act 2010 (Vic).
For the purposes of boating activity conducted by Australian Offshore Powerboat Club, persons and vessels involved in the 2021 Wyndham Harbour Offshore Superboat Championship are exempt from the following requirements:
State Rules made under the Marine Act 1988
1. Clause 2(a) – must not exceed 5 knots within 50 meters of a person in the water
2. Clause 2(c) – must not exceed 5 knots within 50 meters of another vessel.
Marine Safety Regulations 2012
Modification For the purpose of boating activity conducted by the Australian Offshore Powerboat Club “schedule 1 types of personal floatation devices”, of the Marine Safety Regulations 2012 (MSR) is modified to include a personal floatation device (PFD) is a PFD type 1,2 or 3 if it complies with the current Australian Power boat association (APBA) rule book
Subject to the conditions detailed below:
- Masters of rescue vessels are only exempt from items 1 and 2 when undertaking a rescue operation to retrieve persons in distress, provide for their initial medical or other needs and deliver them to a place of safety.
- Masters of competing vessels are only exempt from item 2 for the duration of the event.
- Persons on competing vessels must wear PFDs that comply with Rule 801 of the current APBA Rulebook.
- Persons on course official and rescue vessels involved with the event must wear a personal floatation device at all times during the event, excluding rescue divers, and vessels must have all prescribed safety equipment.
- The exemptions and modification apply from 11:00am to 2:15pm on Saturday 27 & Sunday 28 March 2021 within the exclusion zone waters - Local Port of Port Phillip approximately 300 metres offshore of Wyndham Cove as marked by buoys.
- The exemptions apply provided the stated safety controls and undertakings detailed in the application form and associated documentation are adhered to.
Marine Safety Act 2010
NOTICE OF BOATING ACTIVITY EXCLUSION ZONE
Parks Victoria as the declared waterway manager for Local Port of Port Phillip hereby gives notice under section 208(2) of the Marine Safety Act 2010 (Vic) that all persons and vessels not registered to take part in the 2021 Wyndham Harbour Offshore Superboat Championship are prohibited from entering and remaining in the following waters.
Waters of Local Port of Port Phillip – waters approximately 300 meters offshore of Wyndham Cove bound by the following corner points marked by buoys:
|37° 58.207S, 144 42.817E||boundary corner 1|
|37° 57.927S, 144 44.828E||boundary corner 2|
|37° 57.727S, 144 44.829E||boundary corner 3|
|37° 57.607S, 144 43.729E||boundary corner 4|
|37° 58.007S, 144 42.729E
||boundary corner 5|
The exclusion zone will be in effect from 11:00am to 2:15pm on Saturday 27 March and Sunday 28 March 2021.