Banksia Bluff summer ballot
A ballot is held for booking Banksia Bluff Campground for the period from late December until late January. Minimum stays apply.
Applications for the 2021-22 summer ballot are now closed.
To keep the ballot fair to all entrants:
• Applications which stand at the close of the ballot are considered final.
• Payment details are required to submit an application. Should your application be successful, payment will be automatically debited.
• A cancellation fee applies to any withdrawal of a successful application after the draw has taken place.
• One application per person/group is allowed for the camping ballot. Your application will not be processed if you enter the ballot more than once.
• Incomplete entries cannot be saved. Please have all your information at hand before commencing an application.
Results will be sent by email once allocation is complete. Due to the high number of applicants no changes to applications are possible during the allocation period in order to complete the process as quickly and fairly as possible.
Check in 2pm and check out 10am
1 week stay
Week 1: Fri 24/12/2021 - Sat 01/01/2022 (8 nights)
Week 2: Sat 01/01/2022 - Sat 08/01/2022 (7 nights)
Week 3: Sat 08/01/2022 - Sat 15/01/2022 (7 nights)
Week 4: Sat 15/01/2022 - Sat 22/01/2022 (7 nights)
2 week stay
Week 1: Fri 24/12/2021 - Sat 08/01/2022 (15 nights)
Week 2: Sat 01/01/2022 - Sat 15/01/2022 (14 nights)
Week 3: Sat 08/01/2022 - Sat 22/01/2022 (14 nights)
3 week stay
Week 1: Fri 24/12/2021 - Sat 15/01/2022 (22 nights)
Week 2: Sat 01/01/2022 - Sat 22/01/2022 (21 nights)
Maximum occupancy: 6
Base price per night: $21.50 (includes 6 people and 1 vehicle)
Base price per week: $150.50 (includes 6 people and 1 vehicle)
Base price per night - means-tested concession card holder*: $19.40 (includes 6 people and 1 vehicle)
Base price per week - means-tested concession card holder*: $135.80 (includes 6 people and 1 vehicle)
Additional vehicle per night: $10.20
Additional vehicle per week: $71.40
Maximum additional vehicles per site: 2
* Concession rates for campsites
A 10 per cent discount applies to the base price of campsites for holders of eligible means-tested concession cards. Eligible cards include:
• Centrelink Health Care Card
• Centrelink Pensioner Concession card
• Veterans Affairs Gold Card for All Conditions
• Veterans Affairs Gold Card War Widow
• Veterans Affairs Gold Card TPI
• Veterans Affairs Gold card POW & EDA
To claim the concession discount the concession card holder must be the named person for the site. For group bookings the concession discount only applies to the site occupied by the concession card holder.
Customers requesting concession rates must be able to produce a valid concession card upon request.
Once sites have been allocated, cancellations will be subject to cancellation fees as follows:
• 30 days or more notice 50 per cent of booking amount.
• Less than 30 day notice 100 per cent of booking amount.
• Transfers are not permitted.
Banksia Bluff campsites are nestled within the coastal landscape and vegetation. Campsites vary in size and shape, with no two sites the same. The natural footprint of each campsite is a feature of the bush camping experience.
For ballot applications 2021 – 22, campsites are generally broken into three sizes:
• Small: From 45m2 up to 100m2 usable space
• Medium: From 101m2 up to 150m2 usable space
• Large: From 151m2 usable space
Allow for an overall usable space of 72m2, of no set shape. Sites are irregular so plan your camping equipment carefully. The campground is generally suited to tents, campervans, camper trailers and small caravans. Larger vehicles, RVs, caravans and buses will not fit, and are not permitted. Vegetation growth may impact site sizes and clearance. Shade is limited and shade equipment is recommended.
Tight turning circles within the campground loops can make access challenging and restrictive on some sites (regardless of size) for towed vehicles. An overflow parking area outside the campground loops is available for boats, vehicles, and trailers. Camping is not permitted in this area.
A permit is required for each vehicle, and a copy of your camping permit must be displayed on each vehicle during your stay.