Freedom of information - part two statement
We aim to make our information and documents easily accessible by members of the public. The statements listed in this part outline the functions of Parks Victoria and provide a non-exhaustive list of the types of information and documents we hold in relation to our functions.
If you cannot find the information you are searching for after reviewing these statements and conducting a search of our website, we encourage you to phone 13 1963 or email FOI@parks.vic.gov.au and ask if the information or document you are seeking is available. In some instances, we will be able to provide you with the information you are seeking without requiring you to make a formal request for access.
Parks Victoria creates and stores a broad range of digital and hard copy documents.
The types of documents that we have in our possession include:
- scientific research
- policies and procedures
- briefings and reports
- financial records
- marketing material
- employee records
- operational records
- contracts, leases and licences.
Some of these documents are available to the public at no cost and can be downloaded from our website or by sending an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Documents held by Parks Victoria are available through the Freedom of Information process, subject to legislative exemptions.
Documents are organised under the following categories:
- Asset management
- Corporate business
- Cultural values management
- Estate management
- Fire and emergency management
- Financial management
- Information management
- Information technology
- Natural values management
- Personnel management
- Stakeholder and community
- Visitor services management
Our website provides guidance about the conduct of reviews and handling of complaints, as well as your rights, privileges and obligations under the Freedom of Information Act 1982 and the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014.
We have a range of policies and procedures that govern our daily operations and support the administrative functions of Parks Victoria. These include:
- Asset management policy
- Cultural heritage policy
- Employment policy
- Environmental sustainability policy
- Financial management policy
- Fire and emergency management policy
- Governance policy
- Information and records management policy
- Information interpretation and education policy
- Occupational health and safety policy
- Park management policy
- Partnership, stakeholder and community engagement policy
- Pricing policy
- Project procurement and contract management policy
- Risk and compliance policy
- Technology, plant and equipment policy
- Values and ethics policy
- Visitor and park use policy
- Workforce management policy