Doing business with us

With a beautiful and diverse portfolio of estate, Parks Victoria have opportunities for operators, private investors and registered community groups to do business with us across National Parks, Reserves, Crown Land, State Forest and Waterways.

Showcase the depth of your nature-based visitor experience and help work with communities to care for our environment, culture and heritage.

To ensure that the state’s natural assets are protected for generations to come, any activity on public land must be operated under a formal agreement.

Commercial and Community Activities

Contractor induction

To ensure the health and safety of our contractors, employees and visitors, all contractors are required to complete a 30 minute on-line induction before commencing work on a Parks Victoria managed site.

Asset Information Requirements

The information that supports Parks Victoria’s Built Assets is valuable and needs to be managed effectively to support business needs. The Asset Information Requirements (PDF) document is a guide for designers, construction contractors and project managers responsible for delivering Infrastructure Capital Projects involving alteration, upgrade of existing assets or construction of new park infrastructure. The purpose of this guide is to define what information, formats and data standards are required by Parks Victoria to ensure data is compatible and efficiently captured to be loaded in the Asset Management Information System (AMIS).

Event permits

Parks and reserves and bays and waterways are popular choices for staging public and private events in Victoria.

Mobile trading permit

Recognising that mobile trading operations can play a role in the provision of accessible services for visitors, park users and the local community, Parks Victoria is offering the ability to obtain a permit at mobile trading sites where seasonal services to park visitors will be of benefit.

Tour operator licence

Any person or business conducting an organised tour or recreational activity, for profit on Parks Victoria or Department of Energy, Environment and Climate Action (DEECA) managed public land in Victoria requires a tour operator and activity provider licence.

Filming and photography permit

For productions, weddings, commercial photography and drone usage Parks Victoria recognises the value that the industries bring to the state and local communities.

Business Opportunities

Expression of Interest (EOI)

For lease and licence opportunities on public land managed by Parks Victoria, a competitive allocation process is applied. View Parks Victoria’s EOI Essentials for more details and view current EOI opportunities here

If you would like to receive regular updates on Parks Victoria commercial opportunities, please subscribe to our mailing list.

Direct Negotiations

Existing Parks Victoria tenants more than half way through the term of their lease and with 18 months of the term remaining, may wish to submit a direct negotiation proposal for a new lease.

Market Led Proposal

A Market-led proposal is a proposal initiated by the private sector to government, to build infrastructure and/or provide services. It involves proponents developing a project or service specification and then approaching Government for approval and support of the proposal. Market-led Proposals (MLPs) should be directed to the Department of Treasury and Finance Victoria.

Consultancy Expenditure

Parks Victoria engages consultancy services for a range or purposes including the creation of strategies and plans, to specialist studies and advisory services. View the details of Parks Victoria’s 2022-2023 consultancy expenditure (PDF).

By using our site you accept that we use and share cookies and similar technologies with certain approved third parties. These tools enable us to improve your website experience and to provide content and ads tailored to your interests. By continuing to use our site you consent to this. Please see our Privacy Policy for more information.