Parks and Reserves Event Permit application guidelines
Parks Victoria’s estate offers stunning mountain peaks, alpine landscapes, coastal parks, grassy plains, tall forests, rugged bushland and manicured gardens that provide the perfect setting for a variety of events.
Who should submit a Parks Victoria event application?
An application should be completed by persons who propose to conduct an event or organised activity on Parks Victoria managed land.
An organised activity may refer to:
- Any activity such as a competition, tournament, festival, concert, promotion, fundraiser, picnic/gathering/private event or celebration, or any other similar event.
- Any activity which includes any infrastructure, animals, vehicles, indigenous heritage sites or commercial activity (soliciting or collecting money, advertising, displaying signage).
Event permit lead times
Parks Victoria requires 8 weeks to process a land-based event permit from when all required documentation is received. Due to the high volume of applications, event permit applications received outside of this timeframe may not be accepted.
Multiple dates and parks can be nominated in one application.
How do I apply for a Parks and Reserves event permit?
1. Complete the Parks and Reserves event permit online application form.
2. Gather the supporting documents and attach to your application (detail in the application form).
3. Submit your online application form.
Upon receipt of your event application, you will receive an email regarding your request and a reference number. Please use this reference number in any correspondence.
- Submitting an event application does not guarantee event approval.
- A permit does not provide exclusive access to any area of a park. Public access must not be restricted during your event or activity.
- Depending on the complexity of your event, you may be required to submit additional documents or information.
For Information about holding your wedding on Parks Victoria Estate, visit our Wedding Ceremony and Wedding Photography and Filming Permit application guidelines page.
Call for dates
Visit the Call for Dates page for further information.
Fireworks on Parks Victoria's Estate
Fireworks will only be considered for events that are of local, state, national or international significance.
If fireworks are proposed for your event, please also provide:
- A detailed map of the fireworks fall-out zones;
- A copy of the WorkSafe approval;
- A copy of the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) notification and approval;
- Notification of Intention to discharge fireworks;
- Job Safety Analysis;
- Copy of the Pyro Technician licenses; and
- Certificate of Currency from the fireworks provider.
In the event of poor or extreme weather conditions, a planned event may be cancelled by Parks Victoria in the interest of public safety. It is also a requirement to submit weather reserve dates for your application.
Event, filming and photography FAQs
Check our frequently asked questions for answers about event, filming and photography on Parks Victoria's estate.
Additional fees may apply depending on the nature of the event.
Recreational, private and commercial event fees vary depending on the chosen park and size of the event.
For a full list of charges check Parks Victoria’s fee schedule.
Parks Victoria Sustainable Events Guide
Parks Victoria prides itself on its commitment to conservation and improving the health of our natural landscapes. The Parks Victoria’s Sustainable Events Guide is a useful tool for anyone organising an event on Parks Victoria estate. It is designed to be used as a reference during event planning to ensure you are making your event as sustainable as possible.
RPA / Drone usage
If you would like to use a RPA / Drone (including drones weighing less than 2kg) as part of your event, you will be required to provide more information and documents. Visit the RPA and Drone Filming and Photography Permit Application Guidelines page for more information.
For further information email firstname.lastname@example.org