Ready to book your stay in nature
Wednesday 28 June, 2023
Bookings for some of Victoria’s most popular campsites will open for the 2023-24 season next week.
From stunning beachside retreats to the cool of the mountains, dense forests to near-desert, bookings in parks across Victoria for dates from September 2023 - 6 October 2024 will be open from Tuesday 4 July.
As part of an upgraded online booking system, Parks Victoria has removed ballots from the last remaining balloted campground in the state –Tidal River Campground at Wilsons Promontory National Park.
This means campers can now book every bookable campground across Victoria instantly with no need to wait to hear if a ballot application was successful or not.
Bookings will open at 11am on:
- Tuesday 4 July - Wilsons Promontory campsites (including Tidal River)
- Wednesday 5 July - Wilsons Promontory roofed accommodation
- Thursday 6 July - Banksia Bluff (Cape Conran Coastal Park); Johanna Beach, Blanket Bay and Aire River West (Great Otway National Park); Cooks Mill (Cathedral Range State Park), Lake Catani (Mount Buffalo National Park) campgrounds
- Friday 7 July - Overnight hike/journey campsites including the Grampians Peaks Trail, Great Ocean Walk, Great South West Walk, Glenelg Canoe Trail, Wilsons Prom Southern Circuit, Falls to Hotham Alpine Crossing, and Wilderness Coast Walk
- Monday 10 July – all other bookable campsites and roofed accommodation statewide
More information and full instructions on how to book are available on the Parks Victoria website at: https://www.parks.vic.gov.au/where-to-stay/booking-information
The enhanced online booking system is thanks to a $1.4 million investment by the Victorian Government as part of the $106.6 million Victoria’s Great Outdoors program.
As part of the program, Parks Victoria has halved campsite fees at every bookable campground across Victoria, with more than 50,000 camping bookings made last summer - a 20 per cent increase compared to the summer before the program began.
Victoria’s Great Outdoors is also funding the construction of new and upgraded campgrounds across the state, as well as improvements to iconic 4WD routes from the Alps to the Mallee and upgrades to walking tracks from the Otways to Central Victoria.
Quotes attributable to Parks Victoria Executive Director Visitor Experience Lisa Patroni
“From Wilson’s Promontory to the banks of the Murray and from the Glenelg to the Alps, Parks Victoria has an incredible range of campsites offering an unbeatable experience in nature.”
“More and more people are exploring our parks through camping across Victoria, and we’re upgrading and building more campgrounds so even more of us can connect with nature.”
“We’re really excited to welcome visitors to our bookable campsites over the next 15 months and we hope they’ll enjoy the experience.”
Parks Victoria offers a range of different camping experiences for bookings through to October 2024. Credit: Parks Victoria