Fire and emergency management
Parks Victoria plays a significant role in fire and emergency management.
Key factors influencing management effectiveness
Improved management actions
- Proactive fire and emergency partnership with DELWP and other agencies.
- Comprehensive fire and emergency planning including emergency management plans and mock exercises.
- Limited resources to contribute effectively to Fire Operations Planning in some instances
- Natural values often have low priority in fire recovery
- Formalise an ‘after-hours’ response to marine (and terrestrial) emergencies.
- Develop policy and procedures to improve planning, implementation and investment in post-fire recovery of natural values.
- Further carrying-capacity assessments and planning needed for high-visitation sites to ensure emergency incidents can be effectively managed, and park facilities can support increased tourism.