You have been invited to participate in a pilot program for Parks Victoria as a Nature First Supporter.
By joining this group, we will be asking for your feedback to help develop this new and exciting program.
About the program
This free supporter program aims to connect you with Parks Victoria’s places, programs, people and other supporters who are also passionate about nature and future of Victoria’s parks and waterways and the native wildlife that call them home.
Our Founding Members
We are inviting a small group of people who are already connected with Parks Victoria to participate in the pilot program, who will become our Foundation Nature First Supporters.
A select number of people have been invited to represent Volunteers; Junior Rangers family participants; and our regular campers; along with some key stakeholders to get feedback from a variety of groups.
What is expected of me if I participate?
By expressing your interest to assist, you will be asked to commit to a 12-month program to seek your feedback on what you are interested in, what you aren’t interested in, creative and engaging ways to tell the wider community and supporters about the many things we do at Parks Victoria, and how to connect with each other.
We want your opinions, ideas, constructive comments and feedback! If the pilot program is successful, we will continue the program by inviting the wider community to become a Nature First Supporter.
What do I get in return?
We will be trialling a number of ideas across the 12-month pilot, with regular activities including:
- Six e-newsletters with information specific to you interests as listed in the expression of interest form
- Special behind-the-scenes content with our rangers and opportunities to ask questions
- Special offers for camping and accommodation in our parks
- A family friendly competition to win a unique prize
- Special offers from our corporate partners
- Engagement opportunities to have your say on the future of parks
Why is Parks Victoria creating this group?
We welcome millions of visitors each year to our parks and waterways across Victoria, so we want to connect with people who love these significant places in a more meaningful way.
We want to:
- Share more news and interesting things happening in places you love and places you may have never visited, that are of interest to you and your friends and family
- Inspire the next generation of nature lovers, connecting young people with Parks Victoria’s rangers as well as our long-standing nature supporters such as our passionate volunteers or families who have enjoyed camping at their favourite spot for years
- Provide you with an opportunity to engage with us on the future of our parks
- Enjoy benefits from our corporate partners such as discounts and special offers
- Build an advocacy base for the future of nature in Victoria, so we can all help spread the word on the importance of caring for our environment
- the land, the sea and the incredible native species that live there
- Celebrate the wonderful things happening in parks and our amazing people
What if I am interested in the program but unable to commit to the pilot program?
Please complete the expression of interest form and tick the box at the end to say you would like to hear more about the program at the end of the pilot. We will keep you informed about the results of the pilot, and when we will be launching the program to the wider community so you can join.
What if I have more questions?
Please contact our team via the dedicated email address: email@example.com