Dog walking in Belfast Coastal Park
Exercising and exploring the wild beaches of Belfast Coastal Reserve with your dog is a fun and popular pastime enjoyed by locals and visitors alike. To encourage sharing the beach fairly and safely, and ensure that the wild nature of the coast is protected, special regulations apply.
From early 2020, updated regulations apply in the reserve. Dog walkers will need to adhere to these or risk a fine:
- Dogs must be on-lead and under control
- Dogs are allowed on beaches, but not in dunes or within 5m of dunes
- Dogs are not permitted in Hooded Plover nesting sites
- Dog walkers must keep to designated beach access tracks and car parks
- Dog walkers must pick up and remove their dog’s faeces
- Dogs must not be allowed to rush at, chase, or attack wildlife.
Download the recreation activities map for more information on where you can walk your dog at Belfast Coastal Reserve.