Cresta Valley is a perfect all-seasons playground.
In winter grab your trusty snow gear and enjoy family-friendly tobogganing and snow play or head out on one of four marked cross-country ski trails and two marked snowshoe walks. Visitors are asked to not walk on groomed ski trails as foot tracks create hazards for skiers.
When the snow melts, the grassy plains burst into bloom and make for some scenic and invigorating walks.
This winter with restrictions caused by COVID-19 there will be systems in place during anticipated busy periods, such as the school holidays and weekends, to ensure the safety of staff and visitors and compliance of restrictions.
At these busy times, Parks Victoria staff will limit the number of visitors permitted into the park at any one time. Once capacity is met, entry to the park will be temporarily. Vehicles will be permitted to enter as other vehicles leave. Parks Victoria staff will be at the park entry to assist visitors and monitor vehicle numbers. A message sign at the roundabout at Porepunkah will show the current entry conditions and any expected delays.
The following will also apply:
- Indoor shelter will not be available during school holidays and weekends, and will not be guaranteed at other times.
- Observe physical distancing of 1.5 metres at all times
- Do not gather in groups of more than 20 people
- Visitors are encouraged to come well prepared – bring sufficient food, drinks, warm and waterproof clothing, spare dry clothing etc.
- If the car park is full, no more people can visit that site. Do not join vehicle queues or park illegally.
Things To Do
The dedicated toboggan area is only available when there is adequate snow and is marked with fencing and signage. All toboggan users must walk up the side of the slope to avoid being hit by those coming down the hill. Conditions on the toboggan slope can deteriorate late in the day due to freezing, making the snow very fast and rock hard. Only moulded plastic toboggans are allowed. Check the daily snow report in the Change of Conditions section below.
How to get there
There are no results matching your criteria.