Declaration of boating activity exemption - Wakeboard Victoria
DECLARATION OF BOATING ACTIVITY EXEMPTION
Parks Victoria as the declared waterway manager for Patterson River upstream of Nepean Highway Bridge to Eumemmering Creek (including the National Water Sports Centre), makes the following declaration under section 203(3) of the Marine Safety Act 2010 (Vic).
For the purposes of boating activity conducted by Wakeboard Victoria, persons and vessels involved in Round 1 are exempt from the following requirements:
State Rules made under the Marine Act 1988
- Clause 2(a) – must not exceed 5 knots within 50 meters of a person in the water;
- Clause 3(a) – must not exceed 5 knots within 50 metres of the water’s edge;
- Clause 3(b) – must not exceed 5 knots within 50 of a fixed or floating structure.
Subject to the conditions detailed below:
- Masters of rescue vessels are only exempt from 1-3 in the above list when undertaking a rescue operation to retrieve persons in distress, provide for their initial medical or other needs and deliver them to a place of safety on shore.
- Masters of tow vessels are only exempt from 1 and 3 in the above list for the duration of the event, and 2 in the above list provided they do not exceed 5 knots within 20 metres of the water’s edge.
- Competitors and all occupants of vessels used in conjunction with the event must wear a personal floatation device at all times during the event.
- The above exemptions apply from 8.00 am to 5.00 pm on Sunday 27 October 2019, to persons and vessels participating in the Wakeboard Victoria Round 1 event on the waters of the National Water Sports Centre, provided the stated safety controls and undertakings detailed in the application form and associated documentation are adhered to.
Dated: 24 October 2019